- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Your Data Rights
The right to be informed.
Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data. This is a key transparency requirement under GDPR.
The right of access.
Individuals have the right to access their personal data and supplementary information. The right of access allows individuals to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing.
The right to rectification.
Individuals have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete. An individual can make a request for rectification verbally or in writing. Organizations have one calendar month to respond to a request.
The right to erasure.
Individuals have the right to have personal data erased. This right is also known as “the right to be forgotten.” Individuals can make a request for erasure verbally or in writing. Organizations have one calendar month to respond to a request. This right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
The right to restrict processing.
Individuals have the right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data. When processing is restricted, organizations are permitting to store the personal data, but not use it. Organizations have one calendar month to respond to a request. This right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
The right to data portability.
Individuals can obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services. This right allows individuals to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability. This right enables consumers to take advantage of applications and services which can use this data to find them a better deal, or help them understand their spending habits.
The right to object.
Individuals have the right to object to:
- Data processing based on legitimate interested or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- Direct marketing (including profiling);
- Data processing for purpose of scientific/historical research and statistics.
Rights in relation to automated decision and profiling.
This right protects individuals if organizations are carrying out solely automated decision-making that has legal or similarly significant effects on them.
How We Use The Data You Provide
- User Data
- Name, shown to other users for finding each other if profile is public.
- Email, private to only the user and accessible by database administrator. Used for logging in, account recovery and direct email messaging.
- Facebook or Google Id for identification.
- Facebook friends Id, used for finding friends.
- User passwords are controlled through firebase and are encrypted. We never see or store your passwords.
- Use https encryption
- Activity Data
- GPS data collected for tracking activity.
- We also may use other phone sensors to provide more specific data including the barometer.
- 3rd Party Services
- Fabric – data is anonymized.
- Mailchimp – Receives name and email. Follows GDPR.
- Survey Monkey – No user identifiable information.
1. Data We Collect
1.1 Data You Provide To Us
You provide data to create an account with us.
To create an account you need to provide data including your name, email address and you may need a password. If you register for a subscription you may need to provide payment (e.g., credit card) and billing information.
You create your Avalanche Apps LLC profile (a complete profile helps you get the most from our Services).
You have choices about the information on your profile. It’s your choice whether to include sensitive information on your profile and to make that sensitive information public. Please do not post or add personal data to your profile that you would not want to be publicly available.
You give other data to us, such as by filling out your profile or sharing posts.
Posting and Uploading
We collect personal data from you when you provide, post or upload it to our Services, such as when you fill out a form, respond to a survey, or submit an activity. If you opt to import your address book, we receive your contacts (including contact information your service provider(s) or app automatically added to your address book when you communicated with addresses or numbers not already in your list).
You don’t have to post or upload personal data; though if you don’t, it may limit your ability to use over our Services.
2. How We Use Your Data
Our Services help you connect with others, find and be found for work and business opportunities, stay informed, get training and be more productive.
We use your data to authorize access to our Services.
Improve your Outdoors Experience
Connect with Friends
Record your experience history
We promote our Services to you and others.
We use data and content about Members for invitations and communications promoting membership and friend’s connections, engagement and our Services.
2.2 Customer Support
We use data to help you and fix problems.
We use the data (which can include your communications) to investigate, respond to and resolve complaints and Service issues (e.g., bugs).
3. Your Choices & Obligations
3.1 Data Retention
We keep most of your personal data for as long as your account is open.
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you Services. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Services.
3.2 Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Data
You can access or delete your personal data. You have many choices about how your data is collected, used and shared.
We provide many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your data, from deleting or correcting data you include in your profile and controlling the visibility of your posts to advertising opt-outs and communication controls. We offer you settings to control and manage the personal data we have about you.
For personal data that we have about you:
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form.
You may also contact us using the contact information below, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
Residents in the Designated Countries may have additional rights under their laws.
3.3 Account Closure
We keep some of your data even after you close your account.
If you choose to close your Avalanche Apps LLC account, your personal data will generally stop being visible to others on our Services within 24 hours. We generally delete closed account information within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below.
We retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our User Agreement, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We will retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed.
4. Other Important Information
We monitor for and try to prevent security breaches. Please use the security features available through our Services.
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Please visit our Safety Center for additional information about safely using our Services, including two-factor authentication.
4.2 Cross-Border Data Transfers
We store and use your data outside your country.
We process data both inside and outside of the United States and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders. Countries where we process data may have laws which are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of your own country.
4.3 Lawful Bases for Processing
We have lawful bases to collect, use and share data about you. You have choices about our use of your data.
At any time, you can withdraw consent you have provided by going to settings.
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the Avalanche Apps LLC Services you have requested)) and “legitimate interests”.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us here.